How your business can benefit with Pay-Per-Click
Looking for an effective way to drive traffic to your website? Want to boost your rankings on search engines like Google? If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, it may be worth considering Pay-Per-Click.
What is it?
Pay-Per-Click, or PPC as it is commonly known, is a dynamic and effective way of driving traffic to your website and generating leads and sales. It’s pretty simple too as a marketing tool. With PPC, search engines such as Google allow businesses to buy listings in their search results. These listings then appear alongside natural, non-paid search results, helping your brand really stand out against the competition.
With PPC, one of the main differences is that the search engine is then paid every time a user clicks on the sponsored listing. It’s you that decides the amount you’re willing to pay for each visitor who clicks through to your site. The price you pay also determines your exposure online – the more you pay, the more prominent the listing.
Different ways of advertising
One of the great things about a PPC campaign is the wide variety of advertising mediums you can choose from. Which one you choose will be completely up to you, your business budget, and the requirements of your business.
The most popular ways of advertising include:
- Text ads – Uses text only and most commonly seen in search listings.
- Ad extensions – Extends your ads with more information, such as additional links to your website, shop address or phone number.
- Remarketing – Helps you to reconnect with those who’ve already visited your website but not bought anything. Places your ads on other websites as the user browses the web, uses mobile apps, or when they search on Google.
- Image ads – Features static or interactive graphics, ideal for advertising.
- Phone Call – Drives phone call enquiries to your business once users click on the ad.
- Shopping ads – Text ads that contain product features, pricing and other information, allowing a user to click through to a product page on your website. Shopping campaigns offer a step more than this. They give users detailed information about what you’re selling before they even click your ad, allowing you to track the performance of your products over time.
- In-stream video – Delivers a rich and engaging experience to customers, shown online or inserted into streaming video content on YouTube.
How your business can benefit
There are so many reasons why you should be considering PPC for your online business. In fact, we’d go so far in saying it’s an essential component of digital marketing today.
Some of the benefits include:
- Quick and easy returns
Unlike organic SEO, which can take a while to achieve, PPC ads can be launched quickly, bringing in targeted traffic and leads to your website right away.
- Access to your target audience
PPC is great for expanding online visibility and helping you reach the customers that matter. You can also increase your reach by assigning different ad copy for specific keywords and demographics, which will dramatically increase the quality of your website traffic.
- Ideal for split (A/B) testing
PPC is a great way to provide low-risk testing to find out which keywords work and which don’t. It’s also great for split (A/B) testing, allowing you to direct traffic to your choice of pages on your site, in order to find which pages convert at the highest rate.
- Cost effective
With PPC advertising, you only pay when your ads are clicked, meaning it’s certainly not a waste of money. It’s easy to manage costs and stay on top of them as you track conversions and work out what campaigns work best for you.
- Access to a broad search network
While Google is likely to bring in most of your traffic, you’ll also have the option to show your ad on one of Google’s “search partners” too. This will allow access to a broader audience while helping you target your relevant audience better too.
To get started on your first or next Pay-Per-Click campaign, get in touch with our digital marketing experts here at 21 Digital. You can drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org