Four Good Reasons To Get Video Marketing
While you might have been hoping it was all just a flash in the pan, 2013 was the year video marketing was finally recognised as an essential part of the content marketing mix.
Vine and Vimeo are flourishing, YouTube remains the second biggest search engine in the world, and image-sharing platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest have hopped on board.
Still not convinced? We’ve got Four Good Reasons To Get Video Marketing…
1. It Helps You Get Everywhere At Once
Video marketing is a cross-platform, integrated marketing dream. And with video-sharing platforms becoming ever more popular, getting involved is a sure-fire way to expand your company’s reach.
There’s no issue with duplicate video content like there is with written content, so you can spread the word (well, video) far and wide: a single video can be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook…the list goes on.
2. It’s like Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in a jar
Google’s new Hummingbird algorithm doles out a whole lot of brownie points for good quality back-links – and also for video content, making video marketing a two-for-one win.
Plus, YouTube is owned by Google, which means that every video on there is indexed. If your video matches a key search term, you’re quids in.
3. You’ll be down with the cool kids…
OK, so you shouldn’t do things just because other people are, but take a look around you: a whopping 93% of marketing professionals included video in their 2013 strategy, while 82% of them confirmed that it had a positive impact on their business.
Sleek, shareable and informative video content can position your company at the front of customers’ minds and establish your brand as one to watch.
4. …And in with your customers
Susan Weinschenk, Ph.D – aka “The Brain Lady” – is an expert in behavioural science, advising corporate giants such as Amazon, Disney and Walmart on consumer trends.
In a recent presentation on the effectiveness of video marketing, Weinschenk explained why it’s such a good way to reach your audience:
- We Trust Faces: Our brains are hard-wired to view human faces as a source of information and a means of assessing believability
- Human Voices Add Meaning: While written content is brilliant for conveying information, the human voice adds an extra layer of nuance.
- Emotions are catching: Body language helps us to transmit and share emotions. Ever tried not to laugh during a meeting when someone else does? Exactly!
- Movement grabs our attention: we may think we’re more advanced than babies, who play peek-a-boo and watch mobiles for hours on end, but are we really? Seems not!
Still Feeling Iffy About Video Marketing?
21 Digital’s digital marketing experts can help you hit the ground running with video marketing. We can work with you to create vibrant, professional videos that will build your brand and make a real connection with customers.
Whether you’re looking for live action videos or animation, we’ve got it covered. As a full service digital marketing agency, we deliver the whole package – from recording, editing and animation to voice-overs, music and social media shares.